Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: SUGGESTIONS TO SPEED UP GAMES
The Boss

Mood:  
posted on 5-20-2006 at 04:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SUGGESTIONS TO SPEED UP GAMES

1- When there's only 1 card left to be played by each player in each round, the cards should be played automatically.

2- After let's say 10 seconds without playing or bidding, a message should appear to remind us that we have to play/bid.

3- The cards should be dealt automatically. (Unless a Wizard is turned by the dealer, and he/she has to pick trump.)

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

Mr. Wizard

Mood:  
posted on 5-21-2006 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Suggestions

Automatically crown me as the victor upon my arrival in any game and then assign random places to the remaining players.
The Boss

Mood:  
posted on 5-21-2006 at 03:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Come on Mr. Wizard...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wizard

Automatically crown me as the victor upon my arrival in any game...

We already automatically crown ken mccoy as the winner of each online tournament. We ain't gonna do the same with you in regular games... ... ...

The Boss

Mood:  
posted on 5-30-2006 at 03:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So...

Will my suggestions be forgotten without beeing answered???

Reply from wizard:
Sorry about that chief. Suggestions look good to me but if made they would probably require another new download. However the main stop on the suggestions is the cost of programming. We generally try to accumulate suggestions then bundle them together with 1 major new version. However if you really want to know about the problems involved send your suggestions to the programmer Victor. He's at vslawson@verizon.net. Let me know what he has to say.

The Boss

Mood:  
posted on 8-2-2006 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Like online poker!

Another suggestion to speed up games would be to have the option to SELECT IN ADVANCE the card we want to play, the way we can on online poker site.

So, for example, the lead card is the 4th of Hearts, and I'm the 5th to play. I only have one heart, the 9, and I have no blue cards. So I could click on the 9 as soon as the lead card is played, and when my turns comes, my 9 of Hearts would be played automatically.

Wizard reply...sounds good to me.

Mark68

Mood:  
posted on 8-8-2007 at 03:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Boss:

quote:
Originally posted by The Boss
1- When there's only 1 card left to be played by each player in each round, the cards should be played automatically.

2- After let's say 10 seconds without playing or bidding, a message should appear to remind us that we have to play/bid.

3- The cards should be dealt automatically. (Unless a Wizard is turned by the dealer, and he/she has to pick trump.)

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

1- Sometimes the delay in play is for the dramatic effect, or even my unwillingness to accept the fate of the cards played before me.

2- The game already annoys me everytime it is my turn to play, to have it do it ten seconds later is just redundancy.

3- I think automatic dealing is totally do-able and a very good suggestion. We can all see the Wizard even as the dealer is deciding what is trump, creating a little drama.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT