Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Final Six TOTO
BiggerBrat

Mood:  Very Happy
posted on 7-11-2004 at 04:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Final Six TOTO

"Just got back from TOTO which was a HUGE success."........BiggerBrat

1st Place: The Winner was "Spirit Grove", (Manitoba), Master Points awarded: 36, World Ranking: 6th (54.5 pts)

2nd place - Shirley Airdrie (not online) (won tie-breaker) Master Points awarded: 30
3rd place - Merlin, Master Points awarded: 24, World Ranking: 4th (62 pts)
4th place - Jennifer David, Master Points awarded: 18
5th place - The Steve: Master Points awarded: 12
6th place - Mr Wizard (Massachusetts) Master Points awarded: 6, World Ranking: 9th (44.25 pts)

TOTO SUMMARY: Frivolity began on Friday with refreshments and casual play in the "Armada Room". The Tournament began Saturday at 10 a.m. in "The Prince Regent Ballroom" and continued throughout the day culminating with a clear-cut victory by SpiritGrove at about 10:30 p.m. Numerous prizes punctuated the day with gifts going to the youngest player at age 14 and the eldest at age 83. The prize for "longest drive" to TOTO was awarded to "Team USA" from Massachusetts and the prize for "furthest distance" went to the "Blockers" who flew in from Manitoba. "Team USA" also swept the prizes for "Best Wizard Hats" with tremendously inspired creations. It was great to see the "Final 6" made up of 3 males and 3 females representing a wide range of ages. In addition to the cash prizes, certificates and pins awarded to the "Final Six", SpritGrove was presented with the "Wizard Tournament Trophy" upon which her name will be engraved. A smaller trophy was also awarded for her to keep as a momento. Numerous photographs were taken and many of these will be displayed on the site as soon as possible. I believe all in attendance had a ball and encourage other participants to provide comments and/or suggestions so that next year's tournament can be even bigger and better!.......wizard

* See/Add comments below.

* Click here for pics: http://www.wizardcards.com/viewthread.php?tid=409

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U BiggerBrat   BiggerBrat 's ICQ status
kurtswaffy11

Mood:  
posted on 7-11-2004 at 08:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TOTO Tournament a success...how 'bout some more

Seeing how TOTO was such a huge success, maybe we could have one further down south...maybe Texas?
original-eskimo

Mood:  
posted on 7-12-2004 at 12:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congratulations to SpiritGrove!!

I'm glad to see that a faithful online player kicked some booty!! I'm so proud of you Spirit!!
kurtswaffy11

Mood:  
posted on 7-14-2004 at 06:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Successful Toto

I am very impressed with how the TOTO tournament went, and can't wait to see how other tournaments come out. I would hope to see more online tournaments, but I understand that it takes a lot of work, so there may be large intervals between them.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT