Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318
Poll: Bonus Points for a perfect game?
YES Bonus of 20 points 16 (40%)
NO No bonus for perfect bids 22 (55%)
OPTIONAL Host can select a 20 point bonus at start. 2 (5%)
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Bonus Points for a perfect game?
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-6-2024 at 04:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bonus Points for a perfect game?

Should a player who makes all bids correctly receive a bonus of 20 points at the end of a game?
Sandralegend

Mood:  
posted on 1-9-2024 at 05:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
reward greatness

The vote is split with a small edge in favor. I think it will be best to make it an option. The host can click on it so players who join will know whether or not if there will be a bonus of 20 points for a perfect game of bids.

Mactonight

Mood:  
posted on 1-17-2024 at 04:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I might agree to extra points if the perfect game was all zero or one bid rounds. I find it unfortunate that perfect games can sometimes result in being in 3rd or 4th and at least once I saw a perfect game result in being in 5th place.
But if you're perfect and bidding every other round or whatever, why do you need extra points?
You made all bids and played perfectly but you lost. Why? Because you did not get many special cards such as wizards, Jesters, etc. and had to make low bids of 0 or 1 resulting in a low score. Another player who broke 1 or 2 times was able to successfully make higher bids resulting in a higher score. So although you bid and played better than the other player you did not win. The other player was just lucky to get special cards. The bonus points could be considered an attempt the balance the luck differential.

niksagkram2

Mood:  
posted on 1-17-2024 at 05:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quite often the player that wins a game does so by playing a perfect game, so why would they need the additional 20 points? Sorry, not a good idea, almost as bad as the Canadian Rule.
Agreed but the bonus points are to address the situation where the player that plays a perfect game does not win. I can not think of another game in which a player who plays a perfect game does not win. Of course if the game is all about luck and not skill then anybody can win regardless of how well they play.

merlin

Mood:  Smackem All Now
posted on 1-26-2024 at 08:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am not for or against 20 Bonus points:

I have a couple concerns regarding this. If we are going to give more merit to help the person with only a perfect score? What are we going to give to those with all "0" bids or all "1" bids etc.

1) If we choose to go with 20 Bonus point for a perfect game, what would we allocate for a perfect all ZERO game which is extremely hard to get! MUCH-MUCH-MUCH harder to attain than a regular perfect game! For instance there are only 5 players in existence since Wizard began recording scores and records that have got an all Zero bid!
It is not a question about what type of hand or score is most difficult to attain. It is about skill of bidding and playing.
2) If we choose Optional host can select a 20 point bonus at start. My only question here would be what would be considered the norm for tournament play???
As with other options the tournament director would identify beforehand the particular type of Wizard to be played and the particular refinements to be applied.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U merlin This User Has MSN Messenger

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT