Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Game #1 of the First Online Wizard Tournament
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-7-2003 at 02:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Game #1 of the First Online Wizard Tournament

Monday, January 6,2003 saw the first Wizard tournament game ever played online. It was a hoot! Elessar, a long-time proponent of the game, came out on top with a score of 250. The top 4 scores were very close: 250, 240, 230 & 220. April came third with 230 although she made all 10 of her bid hands. I squeaked into the next round of play in 4th place with a hand of 220 having missed on 1 of my bids. The game ran smoothly and bodes well for further play.
The Wizard

elessar

Mood:  
posted on 1-7-2003 at 07:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I certainly felt privileged to be a member of the first successful online tournament game of Wizard. I've been waiting for such a thing to happen for what seems very many years. The fact that this was the first game I've ever played in a Wizard tournament that I'd didn't help organize might have made me focus more on playing well than formerly. But, mostly I think I won because I got decent cards dealt me. Pete was looking over my shoulder & disagreed with about 5 of my 10 bids--yet I think I bid unsuccessfully only once. I'm looking forward to round # 2, and maybe getting in some practice games in the meantime. And, I am really, really, really glad I finally won a game that matters!
devilsplaytoy1

Mood:  
posted on 1-7-2003 at 07:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1st Official Game!!!

I was too honored to be in the 1st official tournament game. LOL although i did not do as well as hoped. LOL But things can only get better not only my game but the popularity of wizard online too!!!! CANT WAIT 4 FUTURE TOURNAMENTS!!!!

ps. congrats elessar on the 1st WIN!!

sstaffer

Mood:  
posted on 1-8-2003 at 01:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am amazed how well the first tournament went, I thought you all had been doing this for some time. You that organize and keep this afloat are to be congratulated, it is a great game and neat to have an on line place to play. Thanks for letting me be a part of it all.
Sherman

BiggerBrat

Mood:  Very Happy
posted on 1-8-2003 at 05:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Second game of the first Tournament round

The second game of the tournament was played Tuesday, January 7th. There were few even bids and play was brutal. SweetBrat won the game with 250, BiggerBrat came in second with 150, Omnipotent was third with 140 and Shirley514 was fourth with 120. Bobby was in third place with 120 points in the 9th hand looking to coast into the next round of Tournament play, and SweetBrat had a perfect game going at that point. In the final hand, SweetBrat went set and took Bobby down with her putting Bobby in 5th place. (we refuse to comment on Merlin's score, LOL)
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U BiggerBrat   BiggerBrat 's ICQ status

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT