Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\viewthread.php on line 318

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Rules Question
camelotwizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-16-2007 at 06:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rules Question

In a four-player game, the first player leads a Jester. The second player plays a Wizard. The third player plays a Heart. Does the fourth player have to play a heart (if he/she has one) or can he/she play any card? In other words, after a Jester is led, does the first suited (non-Jester / NON-WIZARD) card played determine the suit led? Or does the Wizard played by the second player allow the third AND THE FOURTH players to play any card?

DougJ

Mood:  
posted on 1-16-2007 at 10:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would say no. Since one must follow suit with the first card led after the Jester, which in this case is a Wizard, it would be the same as if a Wizard was led.

My humble opinion

wizard replyL Correct you are!

camelotwizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-23-2007 at 05:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Was the comment, "wizard replyL Correct you are!" made by the forum moderator? If so, is that opinion an official interpretation of the Wizard Rules? This situation must have occurred many times in Wizard tournaments--did all rulings on this question result in the same decision? I'm surprised that the official rules have not been updated to cover this situation.
DougJ

Mood:  
posted on 1-23-2007 at 10:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess one could try it in an on-line game and see what the "rules" allow...

camelotwizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-24-2007 at 06:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, assuming the programmer and/or rulesmaker foresaw that possibility. I bet in the absence of coding specifically designed to handle that situation, the fourth player would have to play the same suit (if able) as the third player (after 1st played Jester and 2nd played Wizard). Anyway, it would have to be at least a 4-player game, with some cooperation by the players to test it out. Even then, it would only reflect programming code, not real rules. Is there some ultimate authority for determining "official" Wizard rules?

wizard reply: OK it's official. The lead Jester is a null card and can be ignored. Consequently the Wizard is treraed as the lead card and following players can dump whatever they want.

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT