Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: What Guidebook?
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 1-10-2005 at 11:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What Guidebook?

Recently a number of people have asked if there is any literature available that would enable them to become better Wizard players. Others have asked if there are any books about the game of "Wizard". The only literature available is the information shown online under "Bulletin Boards".
The purpose of this forum is to compile all the current information in one place in an organized fashion, which could form a rough draft for a manuscript and ultimately a book.
This will be a 'work-in-progress'. It is hoped that members will not only critique the content but will offer submissions of their own. Join me in this venture. Contribute articles of your own.
To begin I will set out the structure of the "Wizard Guidebook" although everything is tentative and may change quite dramatically as the manuscript takes shape.
N.B. If you disagree with anything already written or wish to provide additional material to it please do so.

WIZARD GUIDEBOOK

Preface

The Wizard Guidebook was begun in early 2005 as a result of several requests for both guidance in how to become a better player and general information about the game of Wizard. Since the game was first introduced in 1986 over a million copies have been sold worldwide but there has never been any literature to support the game itself. It is hoped that this guidebook will serve that purpose. Although most of the content is my own there have been numerous contributions made by other adherents of the game. This is particularly true of the sections concerning anecdotes and strategies. The book is presented not as a finished product but as a work-in-progress. I am confident that others who have surpassed my skill as a Wizard expert will be able to contribute refinements to skilful play while others will offer personal anecdotes of interest to all. Suggestions for additions or improvements are welcome. It is my sincere hope that Wizard players will find this guidebook of some value.

Ken Fisher

Contents
1. History of the Game
2. Rules of Play
3. Winning Strategies
4. Sample Hands
5. The Website
6. Tournaments
7. Anecdotes
8. Records
9. Personality Profiles
10. Product Line