Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: AUGUST 2008
wizard

Mood:  
posted on 8-30-2008 at 02:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
AUGUST 2008

WIZARD NEWSLETTER…AUGUST

International Wizard Fest 2008 in Niagara Falls

If you were in attendance you know all about it. If not there is information posted on the Wizard website. I believe everyone was pleased with the event. I have put together a disk using pictures sent to me by several of the people in attendance. Many thanks to all of you for the contribution. I have sent a copy of the disk to all contributors. I am having trouble getting some of the pics to work on my program and of course there is a lot of duplication. If you were there and don’t find yourself on the disk there are 2 possible explanations:
(a) I did not get any pictures of you.
(b) I received pictures of you that were so unflattering that they were not used.
The slideshow is now available online. Go to “NEWS” below “Chat” to see how to view it.

International Wizard Fest 2009

Initial planning has a city in Germany as the tentative 2009 site. Plans call for 2 North American Tournaments to precede the official annual Wizard Tournament:

1. “The Canadian National Wizard Tournament” (July?)
2. “The USA National Wizard Tournament” (Late July or early August?)

The winner of each event would receive as top prize a trip to the German Tournament. The prize would include airfare and accommodation for 1 person.

World Rankings & Online Tournaments & Wizard Levels & Ineptitude

Despite the assistance of the people who kindly host all the online tournaments I find the time I devote to Wizard affairs is becoming overwhelming and along with my advancing years I am prone to errors. Thankfully others have alerted me to errors or omissions. This is a head’s up to all of you. Check your rank and points whenever there is a change to make sure ‘yours truly’ has not experienced yet another ‘senior’s moment’. This is also true if you gain another level of Wizardry. The onus is on you to send me your mailing address and request a pin as I am apt to overlook it without your prodding.

Wizard Junior

The programming for Wizard Junior is in an advanced stage and we hope to have a test version online later this year. It will likely be combined in a new download to include the Regular version as well. Minor tweeks are being made to improve the regular version.
The Junior version is introducing a completely new format which differs considerably from the present game. I will be interested to see how players feel about the updated format used in the Junior game.

Wizard Clubs

The 2 Wizard clubs are getting ready for a new season of face-to-face play.

Ken McCoy has a new home for the “Cambridge Wizard Club”
Pops & Ruby's in Cambridge
200 Preston Pky
Cambridge, ON N3H 5N1
Phone: (519) 653-4814
For more information contact Ken McCoy

George Wellsbury (merlin) and Marko Sapiano (Mactonight) take turns hosting the Toronto East Wizard Club.
LIVE - PICKTO (Pickering Tournament) Sept. 13/08 to start the TEWC season off. Expecting 25+
Where: Pickering, Ont.
When: Registration at 12:00 noon-12:45PM. Tournament starts at 1:00PM EST
Cost: Yes
Prizes: Yes
Host: Merlin

I hope that you are all enjoying a good summer.

Ken Fisher
wizard

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT