I recently was introduced to Wizard and really liked it. I liked it so much, that I wanted to build my own version of the game for the computer.
I'm at the stage where I'm building the AI for the computer player(s). There are 3 areas I'm looking at building AI for:
1) what to call for trump when a Wizard is turned up on the deck
2) what to bid for a particular trick
3) what to play for a particular trick
My strategy thus far has been to assign a scoring system for each case (i.e. for #1, a score is assigned for each suit and the highest score means that suit is chosen, for #2, the same, and for #3, a score is assigned to each card and the highest score means that card is played).
I thought I'd toss this notion out to the more experienced wizarders and see if anyone had thoughts on formulas for the scoring system?
Perhaps any other ideas for how to build the AI?
I am not a computer programmer, but as a wizard player, how many you should bid depends on how many are playing. If you have ever played wizard
before, you know that you don't get a trick with every trump in your hand. You also don't get all of the tricks with Aces, Kings, or Queens (in
certain instances). Here are some guidlines for your bidding to get tricks.
1) 3 player play: All trump (minus 1 or 2, depending on how high the card, say 8 or less is a no bid), All Wizards, All aces,
2) 4 player play: Very similar to three player play, you will go maybe with one less trump than you would with 3 players; go ahead and bid like it is three players and then subtract two bids (remember, its all about how well you slough, and that depends on your hand).
3) 5 and 6 Player: go ahead and bid all your Wizards only, if you have a few trump, add one...you can always slough those mid-low trump
Hopefully I answered some of your questions and hopefully you read this post so you can get us some Artificial Intellignece...the person who can figure that out will be worshipped by all who love wizard.
If I want to build this kind of game using Artificial Intelligence, can anybody tell me which programming language is preferable?Plz suggest me...
For this kind of task i would suggest whatever language you are native to . By that i mean the language you are more proficient in. Persoannly without recoding the entire game to include AI your best bet would be to use .net and simply use macros and windows API to make an app that would hook into the current client and play how you would play for you. I suggest .net due to it allowing a programmer to take advantage of in app databases for storing and using data ... Although this may be considered cheating if the other players have no access to the program also